Saturday, May 31, 2014

May 31st - Relaxation Day!

Well, I didn't really accomplish anything today and that was my intention.  I slept in (it seems anymore my "sleeping in" is about 9:30am) which felt amazing and was much needed.  I know you can't ever really "catch up" on sleep but it sure felt like I did. 

I then spent my day performing a variety of little tasks such as sweeping and cleaning the windows -- it's the least I can do since Mary lets me stay here free of charge and always feeds me like I'm one of her own!  Every morning when I leave for work -- "Do you have your lunch?"  She's so sweet.  One day we were talking and I told her how peaches are one of my favorite fruits and the next day she came home with a bunch of peaches!  :)

Anyway, back to my day of relaxation...I spent a huge chunk of my day sitting in various locations throughout the house reading this highly addictive book entitled "Black Hills" written by Nora Roberts.  ATTENTION ALL FELLOW WILDLIFERS: Read this book!  It is an incredible story about of two young kids that end up falling in love but then they go their separate ways: one becomes a police officer and the other becomes a wildlife biologist and establishes a wildlife refuge in the Black Hills of South Dakota and quickly becomes the target of something evil...and well, I could go on and on about the plot but I won't...I mean, I don't want to ruin it for everybody and I'm only halfway through it myself.  So, these various locations that I sat in to read this AMAZING book included the front porch, the back porch, the living room, and my bedroom...and dare I even say...the bathroom??  No, I didn't read it in the bathroom -- sorry to disappoint you...

Mary came home from her job around 5pm and took her usual evening nap before which she told me if I get hungry before she wakes up to just snack because she will be making soup...mmmm...well, she slept until 8pm and here we are waiting for the infamous soup to cook at quarter to 10pm!  It's ok though, I don't mind...
 One of the many areas I was reading today (the back porch)
 The view from the back porch (Canaan Valley)
A watched pot never boils...

No comments:

Post a Comment