Sunday, June 1, 2014

June 1st - Nothing Day!

Well, sad to say I don't have much to report today.  I took another lazy day for myself and it was kind of nice.  I guess I should put my journal entries on here from before I started the blog because last weekend was an exciting one...I did lots of exploration...which explains why I wanted a "lazy weekend" this time around. 

I mostly did household chores and read some more of that book.

Back to work tomorrow!  I still need to figure out how to move 10 traps that are stretched out along a trail by myself without having to make 20 trips...I may recruit a volunteer...if I can find a volunteer to recruit... hmmmm

I didn't take these pictures today, but I'm trying to have photos to supplement each day so it's not all boring text!

 The underside of a fern and it's sori (the bumpy things)
This is what our traps look like -- except they aren't meant to trap.  They have been modified so the squirrels can get back out once it has been triggered and when they get out they rub on a wire brush and leave a nice little hair sample for us.  This form of technique is called a hair snare...I guess I should be calling them snares then, instead of traps to remove any confusion and misconceptions there may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment