Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 9th - Half Day

I didn't accomplish much today as I am not feeling well and my father went to the ER last night for chest pain (he is fine now, they discovered he had pericarditis which means there is fluid in the sac around his heart). 

I opened the snares on Shay Trace and that was pretty much the extent of my work day because I headed home for some much needed rest. 

While out and about though, I did manage to see a big snapping turtle.  It was headed for the road so I was trying to get it turned around and it kept snapping at me and I was too chicken to pick it up even though I know the proper way to handle a snapper.  I also saw another northern brown snake that was a little feisty.  He was coiling up and flicking his tongue at me, but I know better, northern browns are harmless.





No comments:

Post a Comment