Monday, June 16, 2014

June 12th - Snare Pulling Day!

Well, Judy was coming up from her home today to help me pull 5 of the snares from Red Run that are near the illegal bear baiting that is happening there.  Before she came I decided to check the sites that are in the State Park.  I started off with Shay Trace and quickly discovered that we now have a bear in that area.  The bear/s completely destroyed one snare (bent it in half) and, thankfully, just pulled the plastic off of 3 other ones.  I quickly called Judy because she had mentioned there is a store in Parsons, WV that she noticed sells the havahart traps we modify for making the snares, and asked her to pick one up...$12!  SCORE! 

After I finished with the sites in the State Park, Judy and I headed out to Red Run to pull the snares we are going to relocate on Friday.  We decided to check the other 5 snares to see if they were still ok, and surprise, surprise, another 2 snares were on the ground.  One of which I have a trail camera at, but it hasn't been working so I had the camera at the office (I'm kind of upset about that).

Judy also took me to a place in the State Park called Pendleton Point...it's a nice area where you get an AMAZING view of Blackwater Canyon!

Tomorrow we are going to start baiting with sunflower seeds in hopes that the bears will leave them alone...
 The bent snare
 Look at what this bear did!
 Cute mushroom
 Pendleton Point
 The view from Pendleton Point
Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment