Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 6th - Deer Day

Well, today was a pretty normal day I suppose.  Went out to check the snares on Shay Trace and Yellow Birch since we still have Canaan Loop Road and Red Run closed.  When I checked the snares I closed them for the weekend since I would not be checking them; I also pulled the SD card from the camera on Shay Trace.

I was pretty excited to check the images from the camera because the snare had been triggered but there was no hair on any of the brushes.  On the SD card I quickly found what triggered the snare -- a very curious white-tailed deer!

After my normal routine of squirrel shenanigans, gears quickly turned towards setting things up for the Climate Change Conference that is taking place tomorrow.  We setup the tables, put together the folders (which seemed like it took an ETERNITY), and even checked in some early birds.  There was a meet and greet with some snacks and a cash bar and everybody was chit-chatting about what to expect from tomorrow and their careers. 

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!

The deer that visited my snare:









No comments:

Post a Comment