Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4th -- Deer Day!

First I just want to start off by saying I can't believe it is August already!  Where does the time go??

Lon and I went back to the Canaan Loop Road sites today because I wanted to bait the Flag Run area (where I got the flying squirrel images) with something other than sunflower seeds.  It seems the squirrels don't like that seeds so I'm trying raisins combined with that squirrel scent lure that we purchased online.  Hopefully the squirrels will like that because if not, I will be going back to peanut butter because they really seem to like that -- but then so do the bears.  The good news about bears is that it seems, in most places, like they have moved on.  I haven't really been seeing any new piles of scat or any new tracks.  Well, until today...

At the Big Rock site, one of the hair snares was knocked down and another one was messed with -- it was still hanging on the tree but just barely.  Every time I think the bears have gone they come back to spite me!

I pulled the SD card from the Flag Run site again in hopes of more squirrel pictures, but there were only pictures of a white-tailed deer...


Other than that nothing too exciting happened today.  Judy and I are still working on our final decision for my replacement and are going to have a heavy discussion about it tomorrow before we head out for snare work.
Today was just a nice relaxing, peaceful day.  It was actually eerily quiet at the Big Rock sight...no birds, wind or anything -- spooky!!


No comments:

Post a Comment