Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 5th - 3 is the Magic Number!

Well, today wasn't very eventful sorry to say!  Judy and I went to check the hair snares in the State Park, which there are 3 of.  At each one of those sites we had 3 productive snares...I just thought that was kind of funny!

At Yellow Birch we saw a mouse on the trail and it looked like it was either injured or sick because it was acting pretty lethargic...I decided to put a piece of birch bark over it so it had a little form of protection and we headed on our way to check the rest of the snares.  Where that mouse was, we had to pass back by there and BOOM, there was the mouse about 10 meters away from where I had covered it with the bark!  I picked it up and moved it off the trail and we went about the rest of our day.

Other than our mousy friend (I'm not sure of specific species...I'm thinking maybe just a house mouse) the day wasn't very exciting...

A few days ago I found this old glass bottle in the woods so I picked it up to recycle, and the bottle was acting like a terrarium for some moss!  I decided to keep it, and I found faint markings on the bottle that says Crass, delicious beverages.  I looked it up and Crass was a soda manufactured by Coca-Cola in the mid 1900's -- historical and environmental...SCORE!  :)

I only have 11 work days left!  WOW!!!!!!  I'm sad to leave, but excited to head back to school!

 My mousy friend
Old bottle/terrarium-- cool, I know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment