Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22nd -- Water Monitoring Day!

Well it's that time of the month again...time for our monthly water monitoring!  This time I went out by myself and it was a beautiful day!  I made sure to calibrate the testers before I went out so the readings were accurate and I brought a cup with me to collect water in for testing. 

It only took me about 3 hours which is really good time because there are 13 different monitoring areas.  And that's even with me stopping at the coke ovens that are on the road I use to get to the sites -- you will be able to read about the coke ovens in the pictures I took! 

When I was all done with that I headed back into the office to enter the data into the Excel workbook we have for it.  Then I took the stomped on hair snare over to Lon to see if he could work his magic and get it fixed for me -- he did!  :)  He also fixed my pocket knife for me -- You're the best Lon!  While I was at Lon's house, his wife Glenda was generous enough to give me a bunch of fresh veggies from their garden!  She gave me some broccoli, onions, green beans, peas, and swiss chard!  Thank you Glenda!!! 

 I think these are some sort of baby fish, but I'm not sure
 Site # 1

 Site #2 
 Site #3
 Site #4 
 Site #5
 Site #6 
 Site #7 

 Coke Oven

 Site #8
More coke oven stuff




 Site #9
 This is the meter I use to test the conductivity, total dissolved solids (TDS) and salinity
 Water quality from site #10
 Site #10
 Algae growth in site #11
 Site #11.  Its grey from manganese and aluminum pollution
 Site #12
Site #13

No comments:

Post a Comment