Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7th -- Sally The Salamander Day!

Today Judy came in to help me place a new set of hair snares!  We decided on a location that runs right along the border of Blackwater Falls State Park, and the Monongahela National Forest.  I feel like it is a great site and that we will get a lot of hair.

When placing traps I moved a branch on the ground and what should I find?  A very large spotted salamander!  I was so excited because I have never seen one before and oh man was he a cutey!

Judy and I also had another conference call with Dr. Flaherty and her Grad student Steph, to discuss their arrival.  They will be coming July 13th to work on some vegetation plots and truffle searching -- it all plays into the dietary aspect of the summer.  I'm hoping to get to go out with them a few times to see how they do things!  It would be some great experience! 

 I see you Sally! 

 So pretty, and pudgy!  :)
 Just look at that face! 
Pendleton Lake in Blackwater Falls State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment