Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June 30th -- Mission Impossible Day!

Today Judy came to help me place another 10 snares in a new location after I checked the already placed locations.  When she arrived we worked on a few things in the office and ate some lunch and then decided it was time to head on out.  As soon as we got to the new location I realized we didn't have any bungee cords to hold the snares onto our packs so we had to go back to the office to get them...ugh...When we got back to the new area it started raining heavily so we decided to wait it out -- about 10mins later it showed no sign of relenting so we decided to head over to the newest site, Blackwater River Road Trail, to put the dishes in the snares that hold the sunflower seeds we use for bait.  It started off ok and the rain had even stopped, but about 2 snares in it started to rain again, and as we kept going, it began to rain harder and harder!  By the end of the site we were both completely drenched and decided to head back to the office instead of trying to place the new snares.

Judy left and I worked on modifying the 20 new snares we received from the Forest Service for the rest of the day.

Sadly, and I'm not really sure why, I did not take any pictures today!!  I know right -- how dare I!!

No comments:

Post a Comment