Thursday, July 31, 2014

July 29th -- Lindy Point Day!

Today our computer tech guy came to work on our computers and phones, thank goodness because my work computer kept crashing!  While he was here Judy and I went out to check the hair snares on Canaan Loop Road, and the one in the State Park that we didn't get to yesterday.  There wasn't very much hair to collect today, I think it may have had something to do with the crazy storms we have gotten the last couple of days.  I pulled the SD cards from the cameras we have at Flag Run and the Canaan Loop Road Big Rock site.  We also went to Cherry Lane Trail in the park to scope it out because we are thinking about putting 10 new hair snares in that area.  It was a beautiful trail full on beech, spruce and hemlock trees.

When we were done checking the snares the computer guy, John, needed more time so Judy took me over to Lindy Point in the State Park, and WOW what a view of the canyon!  I was standing near the edge and the shear beauty of it almost brought a tear to my eye!  I found myself wishing I had wings so I could soar through the canyon with the birds!

When we got back to the office I started looking at the images from our cameras and saw what at first I thought to be a flying squirrel!  We were so excited, but then upon further investigation we realized it was just some species of mouse...the giveaway was the tail -- it was string-like and not fuzzy like a flying squirrels would be.

 Mouse lurking underneath the hair snare
 Indian pipe plant
 Cherry Lane Trail
 Lindy Point

 I'm on top of the world!


 Silly red squirrel!





 Little mouse


 The mouse kept going in and out of the hair snare stealing all the sunflower seeds!


Look at those buggy eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment